"PIKON came to us with an honest and refreshing approach to SAP Consultancy. Their hard-work and commitment to us was superb."Head of UK IT, Elster Metering Limited
Elster Metering Ltd. (UK): SAP ERP Implementation
Elster Metering Limited (UK)
Implementation and Roll-Out of SAP ERP
After the earlier development of a globally valid “Global Business Blueprint” with SAP reference organisation structures, processes and customising and subsequent roll-outs to the Netherlands, Belgium, additional plants in Germany and Slovakia, now SAP was to be implemented at the four UK sites/business units of Elster Metering Ltd, using the global concept and project approach.
Implementation/roll-out in the United Kingdom (4 separate rollouts for the four UK sites/business units)
- Project management
- Development of the local business blueprints, including evaluation, redesign, and optimization of existing business processes.
- Introduction of SD, MM, PS, PP, IM, CATS, FI, CO and CO-PA.
- Development of interfaces to satellite-systems
- Support in the organizational implementation of a Shared Service Centre Finance for the whole UK business.
- Roll-out of existing Business Warehouse reports (e.g. order entry/order backlog) and creation of new reports (e.g. delivery performance to customers, inventory reports)
- Data takeover from legacy systems – all units had their separate systems (e.g. BAAN, Opera, Smartvision and two individually developed ERP systems)
- Key and end-user training
- Technical and user documentation
- Go-live support
- Ongoing support.